Human behavior is a curious thing. While we like to think that our decisions are always rational and contribute to our well-being that usually isn’t the case. Employer-sponsored retirement plans are a perfect example of our irrational decision-making.
Most employees know that it makes sense to save more than they spend; we also see the benefit of planning for our future – but seeing and doing are two different things. Our own nature seems to work against us and make it hard to do the right thing.
Join AFS 401(k) Retirement Services for our 2013 Employer Retirement Plan Symposium:
“Chutes and Ladders”
Spend a morning learning how you can help employees find the “ladders” and avoid the “chutes” as they work toward retirement. Hear from leading experts in the retirement industry about new approaches to the financial issues your employees face every day.
When: June 11th, 2013
Where: Hyatt Regency, Bethesda, MD
Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 7:30 a.m., followed at 8:00 a.m. by a series of enlightening discussions that place a spotlight on understanding the behavioral drivers at work in retirement plans, challenging how we currently think about 401(k)s and 403(b)s, and discussing how we can build a retirement plan to work for employees, rather than against them.
- Alex Assaley and Daniel Haverkos of AFS 401(k) Retirement Services –
- Changing How We Think About Retirement Plans and Thinking Outside the Box
- Hal Bjornson of J.P. Morgan Retirement Services – The Future of Retirement Plan Investments: How to produce better outcomes and simplify your investment offerings.
- Mike Looney and Brad Holterhaus of Principal Financial Group, Wellness Division – Showcasing the New World of Health, Wellness, and Retirement
- Mary Margaret Prange and Scott Hallberg of Calibre CPA Group, PLLC – Presenting How to Simplify Your Audit, Tax, and Accounting Work
- Noelle Arkoulakis of Prudential Retirement – How to Make Your Retirement Savings Last with Income Solutions
The program includes lunch and will wrap up at 1:30. We hope to see you there!
. . .
At AFS 401k Retirement Services, we believe in challenging the status quo of retirement plans. We do this through relentless learning and exploration. We research plan design, education, and oversight solutions that help our clients and the financial needs of their valued employees. We look for ways to help our organizations rethink their retirement plans and provide valuable benefits – making complex retirement plans simple.
Disclosures: Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks and charges and expenses of the investment company carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the investment company. You can obtain a prospectus from your financial representative. Read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Securities and advisory services offered through Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser. The above entities and Commonwealth are separate and unrelated. Commonwealth does not offer tax or legal advice.
Location7400 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814